Friday, March 11, 2011

Car Buying is a Dream with the OC Auto Team

(this is a guest post from a current OC Mazda customer)

It really is a dream and I should know.

Because I bought a car from OC Mazda.

First things first. I hate buying cars. I think it's because I always felt intimidated by the sales guys.

You know what I mean.

You walk in knowing what you want and what your price is and suddenly you're talking to someone who tells you what THEY think you need and what THEIR price is.

I dreaded walking into any dealership. I just didn't want to talk to any of them. It got to the point where I would send my wife in.

That didn't last too long.

So I created a little dream in my head, a fantasy really.

I dreamed of a place where I was listened to. Where people were nice and not threatening and they actually cared about getting my business and treating me like a person and not a sale.

I searched and searched all over Orange County.

I walked into a lot of dealerships.

And then I met Jim Feinstein. I actually met him online. OK that sounds weird but I was pricing an SUV and he sent me a quote. He and I went back and forth in some emails about a CX-9 for my wife. He listened. He came across as a very nice guy. I thought to myself, ok this is different.

And when it came time for a test drive I got on the lot and a strange thing happened. There was this casual pace in the store. People tried to be helpful. I met owner John Patterson and his Customer Care Queen Lynda Nelson. They went out of their way to listen to my needs and help me buy the exact car that I wanted.

It was very very different from other dealerships and it wasn't until I started writing this post that I realized what it was. The reason why I think OC Mazda and the OC Auto Team is special is because what they do is genuine. It is an outgrowth of who they are as people.

They are just really nice helpful folks who happen to sell cars. It's that simple.

And its that hard to do.

And it makes buying a car from them a dream come true.





You rarely discover the exception to the rule. And when you do you stick close to it. Because it's so hard to find. But when you do, it's a dream come true.